PhD in Family Relations & Human Development from the University of Guelph (Ontario) completed in 2018 and awarded in 2019
My research involves enhancing problem gambling interventions to reduce the negative impact of problem gambling on individuals and their families. Specifically, I have focused on:
- Identification of relapse vulnerability during problem gambling intervention participation and subsequently exploring when and how additional supports influence problem gambling intervention outcomes;
- Development of a program model to allow family members to ban their loved ones from gaming venues;
- Exploration of disclosure and nondisclosure of problem gambling in close interpersonal relationship;
- How problem gambling influences retirement planning and transitions; and
- Corporate social responsibility and policy.